Welcome to Writers Who Have To...

We are a forum of writers. If you're interested in becoming a contributor, send your desired username and email to Jill at: info@writerswhohaveto.com or visit Writers Who Have To... on MySpace.

Write whatever you'd like, whenever you want! This is an open forum for like minded authors. Feedback and comments are necessary! Remember, there are no holds barred, here.

For writers: When publishing make sure to add your username as a tag/label (you'll see the bar at the bottom of your blog edit window). This way it'll be much easier to pull up your work all in one go. Also, if you'd like you can add the type, ie: Short Story, Poetry, Blog, Rant, etc to your labels as well as the genre. This will make sorting much easier! Thank you!

WRITE IT OUT!!!
Remember: Comments are necessary for the survival of all writers!! Feedback is love and love is grand!!!

Friday, May 18, 2007

waver

What have I done
That I cannot move forward?
Where have I led myself?
What tangled paths lay before me?

I ask the same tired questions,
repeating the transparent, easy answers,
one by one until they crash around me;
mere splinters of glass at my feet.

Shrouded in mystery, dull and dense,
it encircles my tightly knit facade,
And I waver in the only space
I've ever really known.

Time for a change, they say;
time heals,
time is the answer, they say.
I'm reaching forward,
grasping for the edge of that fog.

6 comments:

*that girl* said...

I think that this is my favorite of all the peices you have posted.

... realization of life... a step forward..

beautiful Jill.

Jill said...

:blush: :) Thank you.

Pen said...

Yes, been there. I think I am still there... every one feels like this at least once in their life.

Jill said...

Yeah, Anita. I'm still there too. Damn.

Also, I know you've read this one about a billion times on the other sites. Sorry about that. I just don't have anything newer that's up to standards to post here.

*that girl* said...

i just read this peice again, and it hit me just as hard as last time... I love this jill and i just needed to tell you that again.

Jill said...

Thank you, I'm so glad you like it!