Welcome to Writers Who Have To...

We are a forum of writers. If you're interested in becoming a contributor, send your desired username and email to Jill at: info@writerswhohaveto.com or visit Writers Who Have To... on MySpace.

Write whatever you'd like, whenever you want! This is an open forum for like minded authors. Feedback and comments are necessary! Remember, there are no holds barred, here.

For writers: When publishing make sure to add your username as a tag/label (you'll see the bar at the bottom of your blog edit window). This way it'll be much easier to pull up your work all in one go. Also, if you'd like you can add the type, ie: Short Story, Poetry, Blog, Rant, etc to your labels as well as the genre. This will make sorting much easier! Thank you!

WRITE IT OUT!!!
Remember: Comments are necessary for the survival of all writers!! Feedback is love and love is grand!!!

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

The Blogger's re-unification (a semi-drunken post)

The music is pumping through these kick ass five point speakers, the bass is tumultuous from the sub-woofer. It's good, it feels good and I feel good.

80's Alternative. Yeah, it's like a walk down memory lane and I couldn't love it more.

Nostalgia grips us hard, sometimes. No wonder movies like 'Stand By Me' and 'The Sand-Lot' become fast favorites. Through such things we can relive moments of our bygone youth.

Sad, some would say. I don't consider it as such. Sometimes, we just need that one thing that will pin those days of old to the forefront of our memories.

I'll sit up here, night after night, blogging, writing incessant poetry, stories and what-not, all the while rocking out to those great 80's Alternative tunes, if you will keep writing.

This is the start of a dream come true, for me. Thank you all for being a part of this, for making it a reality... and remember, you can post whatever you want, whenever you want.. there is nothing too risqué for my tastes; what matters is that you write. There are only two rules: Leave your name as a label and COMMENT! No web-writer (which is, basically, what we are) can survive without comments!

10 comments:

Minor Irritation said...

Thanks to you too, grasshopper, for making the effort to do so. This is the fruit of your amazing efforts.

Jill said...

Thanks, Sensei. I'm hoping for bigger and better things for all 'web-writers'. :D

Sara said...

Thank you for doing this, it is going to be amazing!!:) I just have to remember to add my name as a label!!

Jill said...

:D No worries, Sara! I've added you, as well as the other writers as a label, so when you add your name it should just 'pop up'. Let me know if you have any questions or problems!

BudRoy said...

Thanks for the heads-up, Jill. I'll have to remember the name label thing. hehehe I may post something else later, if I can remember something worth sharing that isn't floating out there to be considered in a contest. :)

Jill said...

Anything and everything is worth sharing! When I see or hear something that sparks an idea, I'll just write it all out, real quick, and post it here. It helps to get feedback on it and see if it's any good.


If you write it, we will read! :D

g0ldil0x said...

hey jillylicious jill.

have i told you lately how awesome you are?

the 80's are my musical era and my mp3 is loaded with 80's tunes, not to mention that my all time fav movies are Breakfast Club, Better off Dead, Pretty in Pink, Fast Times and Sixteen Candles.

Jill said...

Goldi!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the 80's! I'm forever stuck in a black, white and electric green striped time warp.

1 FN HandyMan said...

Yay for the 80's!
(down with bell bottoms)
Thanks Jill for getting this idea rolling!
I do believe I'm gonna enjoy it here!

Jill said...

I have enjoyed your work immensely! I just want to hurry up and get the 'official' site up and running so we can have a better, more interactive place to go.