Welcome to Writers Who Have To...

We are a forum of writers. If you're interested in becoming a contributor, send your desired username and email to Jill at: info@writerswhohaveto.com or visit Writers Who Have To... on MySpace.

Write whatever you'd like, whenever you want! This is an open forum for like minded authors. Feedback and comments are necessary! Remember, there are no holds barred, here.

For writers: When publishing make sure to add your username as a tag/label (you'll see the bar at the bottom of your blog edit window). This way it'll be much easier to pull up your work all in one go. Also, if you'd like you can add the type, ie: Short Story, Poetry, Blog, Rant, etc to your labels as well as the genre. This will make sorting much easier! Thank you!

WRITE IT OUT!!!
Remember: Comments are necessary for the survival of all writers!! Feedback is love and love is grand!!!

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Love vs Hate. It’s a close thing sometimes.

I love being on my own because:
I get to go to the supermarket and choose all the foods we love myself.
I get to choose all the plants that go in the garden.
I can sit on the sofa and watch TV or sit in silence. I choose.
I get to make all the decisions. I have no one to answer to.
I’m in charge all the time.
When there’s time to waste, I get to decide what to do.
I get the whole bed to myself, most often.
I can wake up when I’m ready, stretch and lay quietly listening to the world wake, alone.
I get to choose my life and there’s no one to question me.

I hate being on my own because:
I have to go to the supermarket and choose all the foods we love myself.
I have to choose all the plants that go in the garden.
I can sit on the sofa and watch TV or sit in silence, but there’s no conversation, no compromise.
I have to make all the decisions.
I have no one to answer to.
I’m in charge, all the time.
When there’s time to waste, I have to decide what to do.
I have the whole bed to myself most often.
I have to wake up when I’m ready, stretch and lay quietly listening to the world wake, alone.
I get to choose my life and there’s no one to question me.

4 comments:

Jill said...

Thank you foxxx for opening the doors! I'll post something later on when I have more time, after I've added the rest of the authors! I really think this is going to work!!!! *IHOPEIHOPEIHOPE!!!

Jill said...

This is a brilliant post. I love the dichotomy you beautifully present. Well done!

Anonymous said...

this is so poignant and lovely and it hurts a bit to read and then it really hurts and then i sit staring at the screen and wonder what's to become of us all.

thanks for writing this foxxx

Anonymous said...

Goes to show we can't have everyting we want all the time.