Welcome to Writers Who Have To...

We are a forum of writers. If you're interested in becoming a contributor, send your desired username and email to Jill at: info@writerswhohaveto.com or visit Writers Who Have To... on MySpace.

Write whatever you'd like, whenever you want! This is an open forum for like minded authors. Feedback and comments are necessary! Remember, there are no holds barred, here.

For writers: When publishing make sure to add your username as a tag/label (you'll see the bar at the bottom of your blog edit window). This way it'll be much easier to pull up your work all in one go. Also, if you'd like you can add the type, ie: Short Story, Poetry, Blog, Rant, etc to your labels as well as the genre. This will make sorting much easier! Thank you!

WRITE IT OUT!!!
Remember: Comments are necessary for the survival of all writers!! Feedback is love and love is grand!!!

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Back to Childhood (5-30-07)

Frost on my fingertips,
Paste on my tongue,
Holes in my knees,
Jumping for fun,
Riding a broomstick,
Just like it’s a horse,
Swimming all summer,
Until I was dark,
Using sticks as guns,
GI Joes were something special,
Sports were play not work,
Jumping into lakes,
Camping on its sites,
Sand in my bathing suit,
From playing on the seashore,
Crabbing with Daddy Grand,
He caught my first fish,
Sis cutting my hair,
In the room we used to share,
Cooking with GrandMa,
Playing Aggravation with Uncle Joe,
Smelling Grandpa’s Pipe,
The flood went so high,
Puppies and Kittens,
Rabbits and Hamsters,
Thin skateboards,
Pillowcases for Halloween,
Hotdogs were great,
The Six Million Dollar man,
Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin,
Frank Sinatra still Sang,
We grew a huge garden,
Ate well when it sprang,
Built that redwood deck,
Repaired the pool several times,
Went to parades galore,
Where I could be someone else,
Wow,
The great times are many,
I’m sure I missed a few,
Back to childhood I go,
Maybe you should to.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Wonderful feeling of nostalgia.. wow.. this piece brings my own memories, thank you for the walk down that sometimes forgotten lane!

Falcon in the Dive. said...

I must agree. It's very reminiscent, especially the verses about Jerry Lewis, Dean Martin, and Frank Sinatra. It incites emotions of memory very well.


Great job!