Welcome to Writers Who Have To...

We are a forum of writers. If you're interested in becoming a contributor, send your desired username and email to Jill at: info@writerswhohaveto.com or visit Writers Who Have To... on MySpace.

Write whatever you'd like, whenever you want! This is an open forum for like minded authors. Feedback and comments are necessary! Remember, there are no holds barred, here.

For writers: When publishing make sure to add your username as a tag/label (you'll see the bar at the bottom of your blog edit window). This way it'll be much easier to pull up your work all in one go. Also, if you'd like you can add the type, ie: Short Story, Poetry, Blog, Rant, etc to your labels as well as the genre. This will make sorting much easier! Thank you!

WRITE IT OUT!!!
Remember: Comments are necessary for the survival of all writers!! Feedback is love and love is grand!!!

Monday, May 7, 2007

See, by the Train Wreck

See

I don't want to see
any
more

in my mind
I see
him swing
that kid
by his feet
crack his egg
like a head
into a tree

I see it
again,
again,
again
in my dream

again
too late
to save the day
again

now that I try
I'm just so tired

I can't even
sleep
a wink
or blink
or think
of that girl they buried
alive
in a hole

she died
begging
me
please
begging to
see
what I
see
when I
sleep

I can't sleep

gotta keep
peeking
around
that tree
to save
what I see

but
they always
see
inside of me

now
I sleep
with one eye open
cuz
my cover is blown
I´m out in the cold

I need you to know
I tried to save them

But you don't see.



© Christopher Pimental, 2006

(a.k.a, the Train Wreck)

5 comments:

Jill said...

This is incredibly powerful, Chris.

Christopher Pimental said...

Many thanks, Jill. It's one of my favorites. I hope your readers enjoy it.

*that girl* said...

this peice seems so.. edgy, and hectic... the way its set up pulls the reader into it.

nice work.

1 FN HandyMan said...

WOW! A suspense Poem....that's a first for me to read! Good work!

Anonymous said...

nice and thanks.