Welcome to Writers Who Have To...

We are a forum of writers. If you're interested in becoming a contributor, send your desired username and email to Jill at: info@writerswhohaveto.com or visit Writers Who Have To... on MySpace.

Write whatever you'd like, whenever you want! This is an open forum for like minded authors. Feedback and comments are necessary! Remember, there are no holds barred, here.

For writers: When publishing make sure to add your username as a tag/label (you'll see the bar at the bottom of your blog edit window). This way it'll be much easier to pull up your work all in one go. Also, if you'd like you can add the type, ie: Short Story, Poetry, Blog, Rant, etc to your labels as well as the genre. This will make sorting much easier! Thank you!

WRITE IT OUT!!!
Remember: Comments are necessary for the survival of all writers!! Feedback is love and love is grand!!!

Thursday, May 3, 2007

red

There's a little thing that glows red
And I stop in its tracks
The hounds bite and clamor
Incensed, they claw at the tattered pieces
Of the remnants of this bygone story
It is life, barely, that remains
Standing still
Blinking red
Forever moving within
Outside of all that I've known
And all that I cared for.

I can see the signs for what they are
For what they've become
I can hear the hounds as they cry
For their freedom from afar
The flags raise red
In the gloom of the painted night
And call them to arms.

I am ready.

I am willing.

I will fight if I must.

This is what it's all come down to, then.

red.

4 comments:

1 FN HandyMan said...

I Rather liked this....a LOT! :)

Minor Irritation said...

Very nice work, grasshopper!

Anonymous said...

Jill,

I got lost somewhere chasing after these freedom seeking dogs. The heavy metaphoric usage left me a bit cold quite frankly. I have an idea what this might represent...wait...I have no idea at all and would love love love for you and I to confab about it because I would very much like the chance to find out what you are saying here.

Jill said...

Anytime, Lance. We'll talk it out!