Welcome to Writers Who Have To...

We are a forum of writers. If you're interested in becoming a contributor, send your desired username and email to Jill at: info@writerswhohaveto.com or visit Writers Who Have To... on MySpace.

Write whatever you'd like, whenever you want! This is an open forum for like minded authors. Feedback and comments are necessary! Remember, there are no holds barred, here.

For writers: When publishing make sure to add your username as a tag/label (you'll see the bar at the bottom of your blog edit window). This way it'll be much easier to pull up your work all in one go. Also, if you'd like you can add the type, ie: Short Story, Poetry, Blog, Rant, etc to your labels as well as the genre. This will make sorting much easier! Thank you!

WRITE IT OUT!!!
Remember: Comments are necessary for the survival of all writers!! Feedback is love and love is grand!!!

Friday, August 10, 2007

The Past

Work I have been seeking
Money is of the necessity
the pipes are no longer leaking
The job search is getting the best of me.

I went to a place I worked long ago
this emailing of resumes is crap
Back to the ways of the days of old
Pounding the pavement and giving a rap

The big glass cube
standing with its presence
the sundial still in view
giving the time in the essence

I entered the base of the glass
the security was there to greet
May I help you? said the old lass
Answering her in a way that was sweet

I regained my past
the past I made for myself
some progress at last
By taking some dust off the shelf.

2 comments:

Jill said...

The metaphors in this piece are perfectly allocated.

I feel it, sometimes, too.

1 FN HandyMan said...

VERY nice! I like it!