Welcome to Writers Who Have To...

We are a forum of writers. If you're interested in becoming a contributor, send your desired username and email to Jill at: info@writerswhohaveto.com or visit Writers Who Have To... on MySpace.

Write whatever you'd like, whenever you want! This is an open forum for like minded authors. Feedback and comments are necessary! Remember, there are no holds barred, here.

For writers: When publishing make sure to add your username as a tag/label (you'll see the bar at the bottom of your blog edit window). This way it'll be much easier to pull up your work all in one go. Also, if you'd like you can add the type, ie: Short Story, Poetry, Blog, Rant, etc to your labels as well as the genre. This will make sorting much easier! Thank you!

WRITE IT OUT!!!
Remember: Comments are necessary for the survival of all writers!! Feedback is love and love is grand!!!

Friday, October 26, 2007

Your Good Graces (10-26-07)

I'm always looking,
To please you.
I want you,
To be Happy.
I'm always striving,
For you to be proud of me.
I wish I could have somehow,
Earned your respect.
It's so hard,
To live up to,
What I think you expect of me.
Pushing,
And Toiling,
And Straining,
And Trying,
And Living.
These things I supposedly have to do,
Just to stay in your good graces.
I think I'll be myself from now on.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I gotta say, 1, this is yet my favorite of yours. I have felt that way many times only to finally come out of it and realize I only ever need to rely on what's within.

Brilliantly done.

1 FN HandyMan said...

Thanks Jill! Sometimes these things hit me like a brick and I just have to write them down. This particular poem I wrote so as many people as possible could relate. I was hoping it would read as such, and seems to from comments such as yours I've gotten on my blog on myspace! Thanks again! :)